CASTELLI #GIRO103 RACE JERSEY
With 102 years of history behind it, the Rosa 103 jersey of the Giro d’Italia looks clearly toward the future. Castelli’s relentless drive to innovate brings revolutionary advances in terms of performance, design and environmental impact.
For the first time ever in a Grand Tour, the leaders’ jerseys will be made with fabrics that use recycled yarns, produced by the well-known textile manufacturer Sitip SpA. The recycling is certified in accordance with the Global Recycled Standard, and the fabrics with recycled polyester fibers will be used not only for the jerseys worn in the race but also for the official replicas of the Castelli leaders’ jerseys. Thanks to Sitip’s expertise, these recycled fabrics will have the same weight, elasticity and moisture management capabilities as the fabrics used in edition 102.
To enhance performance, Castelli has integrated a number holder into the jersey pockets, which eliminates the need to use pins to attach the race numbers as has been the traditional practice until now. The transparent cover holds the race numbers securely in place and improves the aerodynamics on the lower back, giving an extra boost to the jersey wearer.
The Castelli design touches are unmistakable in the new graphic that honors the tradition of the race while using a thin diagonal line to evoke the shape of the “trofeo senza fine.” Castelli has also added the Giro d’Italia logos in raised rubber on the sleeves and injection-molded Amore Infinito tape on the back of the pocket. From a technical standpoint, the jersey offers the classification leader the lightest, most aerodynamic and highest-performance gear available.
- Sitip SpA for Castelli custom fabrics with recycled yarns
- Aero Race 6.0 Jersey fit and construction for Grand Tour winning aerodynamics
- The integrated transparent number pocket on the back removes the need to pin on race numbers and improves the aerodynamics around the lower back
- Gold finish zipper pull as a tribute to the Trofeo Infinito
- Jacquard woven Prodotto Ufficiale Giro103 label on back
- Mesh silicone elastic waistband
- Raised rubberized Giro d’Italia logos on the sleeves
- Amore Infinito injection molded ribbon on the back of the center pocket
- 18°-32°C / 65°-90°F